Portfolio Talent Manager
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Volition Capital is a leading global growth equity investment firm with over $1.2B in total AUM across 4 funds. The team at Volition has spent the last 12-years working to make an everlasting impact on the lives of our founders, a transformative impact on our portfolio companies, a meaningful impact on the missions of our investors, and a positive impact on the world around us.
Focused on investing in high potential, founder-owned, capital-efficient companies that aspire to lead their markets – and have the proven chops to get there. Volition aims to invest in every sense of the word. We’re extremely selective, and work every day to support our founders, their teams, and their mission. An approach that has allowed us to participate in notable exists in each of our sector focuses: Software (JazzHR, iPipeline, G5), Internet (GlobalTranz, Connatix), and Consumer (Chewy.com).
At Volition, we believe that diversity of thought and experience is the key to delivering increased performance and better results. Therefore, we aim to build teams consisting of varied backgrounds, perspectives, capabilities, and interests.
The Role: Portfolio Talent Manager
- You will report directly to the VP of Talent and serve as a member of the Volition Talent Team.
- Your primary objective is to support high-priority portfolio talent searches across a wide range of functional areas, sectors, verticals, and roles: Your responsibility in a search may vary depending on the circumstances.
- Alongside the VP of Talent (or on your own), you will engage with the portfolio hiring teams to scope executive roles, develop a formal hiring plan and craft hiring documents, as well as support the recruitment process by spearheading the internal recruiting of candidates or the management of 3rd party search firms.
- Work with the portfolio companies on all aspects of talent acquisition including recruiting and retention, diversity and inclusion, onboarding, etc.
- Expand Volition’s network across the most common need areas of their portfolio companies including Chief Financial Officer, Head of Sales/Chief Revenue Officer, VP of Marketing/Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Technology Officer, key engineering roles, etc.
- Collaborate with investment and operations professionals in distinct investment sectors, developing intelligence on key talent, relationships, and executives that connect with the themes of the investing strategy.
- Work closely with the Volition team to capture, manage, and leverage data on executives, key relationships, references, performance, and compensation in a structured way that helps expand the firm’s database and intellectual property over time.
- Support Volition in its own internal growth story on an as-needed basis.
- Additional responsibilities to be evaluated based on the needs of the business, as well as the desire and abilities of the eventual hire.
- Ideally, you will have…
- 3-5 years of experience in executive recruiting or talent-focused start-up experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successful hiring across functional areas, sectors, verticals, and roles.
- Strong program/project management orientation to develop streamlined talent acquisition and recruiting programs and processes.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- This is a hybrid role within our Boston office (expected 3 days in office)
- Personal Attributes and Values:
- Ideally, you are…
- An avid learner who loves to understand how different business models work, while able to connect the dots on how people support and execute across business functions.
- Are excited by being one of the 1st members of the talent team and are comfortable being a jack-of-all-trades for both Volition and the Portfolio.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and focus.
- Instinctively data-driven, and comfortable using data drive results.
- A forward-thinker on all thing’s talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with comparable presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively and build working relationships with executives.
- High emotional intelligence and business acumen. Consultative, thoughtful, and strategic.
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude. Roll-up your sleeves mentality. Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character.
- Willingness to be a part of a growing organization that will continue to evolve over the next several years.